An Application of Will

Welcome to the virtual home of Author Will Versuch!

I am an author of BDSM erotica, with four novels currently published and available for download or purchase in paperback form. You can find them by searching my name on Barnes and Noble, Amazon, eroticbooknetwork.com, or in most places where online erotica are sold.

The books I write focus primarily on nonconsensual stories involving psychological and physical control and manipulation. I've been told by many that they're not for the faint of heart, though they're not gory or bloody.

If you're looking for intricate bondage and interesting predicaments, I think you might enjoy my work.

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Audiobooks anyone?

On the side, in addition to writing and lawerly work, I have been hired to narrate a couple audiobooks for some authors.

The exercise has got me to thinking.  Is there a market out there for erotic audiobooks?  I have the home studio now and it would not be that hard to produce my own books in audiobook format.  But I wonder if it is something that people would be interested in?

One of the concerns I have stems from the fact that the majority of my writing is told from the perspective of the female character in the story.  I worry that people might not be interested in listening to my decidedly male voice reading a story told from the female perspective.

I also wonder about how many people are interested in listening at all?

As a test, I just recorded the first chapter of my upcoming release "Over Her Head."

Here it is if you're interested in taking a listen:  Click Here



4 comments:

  1. This is great! If it helps out any, I know several people (men and women) who just recently started reading erotica. The question of audio books came up several times. There IS a demand for it. Many people work jobs that allow them to listen while they work, but they can't read the actual book while working. Also, it's great for those that need to be discreet and can't have books laying around. More people have a smartphone than have Nooks or Kindles. They WANT the audiobooks. I think it's definitely something to consider. ~JMO Going to listen to your recording now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. now i know what you was doing when i was at work instead of teaching our children their school studies. 7:55 in the morning. thats when i leave for work and your day should have started. you were such a terrible mother and example. you deserve ronald rosenthal.

      Delete
  2. I have never enjoyed audiobooks, but since your invitation was so kindly presented over on GR, I gave it a listen.
    You had me mesmerized.

    I would absolutely purchase for a road trip, or more likely, bed time.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't much care for audiobooks since I don't have a manual job but I've listened to your recording and I very much liked your voice and your accent.

    ReplyDelete